Founding Partner & Chairman
Datong is Founding Partner & Chairman of WestSummit Capital, a leading China-based global growth equity firm focused on helping high growth technology companies access the China market.
Datong has more than 20 years of investment and operations experience in the technology and semiconductor industry.
Prior to WestSummit, Datong was a Venture Partner at Northern Light Venture Capital, a leading technology VC fund, where he led investments in the semiconductor industry.
Datong was the Co-Founder and CTO of Spreadtrum Communications (NASDAQ: SPRD), a leading fabless semiconductor company that develops baseband and RF processor solutions for the wireless communications market. Prior to Spreadtrum, Datong was the Co-Founder and Senior VP for Omnivision (NASDAQ: OVTI), a leading developer of CMOS imaging sensor.
Datong serves on the Board of Directors for WSC portfolio companies GigaDevice and VeriSilicon.
- Datong owns 34 US and European patents
- BS, MS, PhD from Tsinghua University
- Post-Doctoral work at Stanford University
- Owner of 34 US and European patents
- 2006 Special Award for Inventor and Entrepreneur in China
- Counsel member of China Semiconductor Association and China Invention Association
- Assigned Expert of Ministry of Industry & Information of China and selected in UNESCO expert committee
- 2009 Chairman of TEEC, Tsinghua Entrepreneur & Executive Club